I have been tagged by the lovely Iona (Check out her blog, Redpeffer if you’d like to meet her!) to do a meme – just for a bit of fun. The idea is to answer some ‘I’m a celebrity, get me out of here!’ questions. Like Iona, I haven’t watched this programme for a long time. A very long time. The last series I watched was when Peter met Katie. And we all know how that turned out. So, here goes:
1.What one thing about being a parent makes you scream “Get me out of here!”
Being woken at 5am with “I want to wake up Mummy! Now!” That was this morning.
2. What qualities would you bring to the jungle?
I’m open, patient (well fairly) and (I’m told) a good peacemaker. I think the last would probably be the most useful.
3. How are you likely to annoy people in your were stuck with them for 3 weeks?
Very. Aren’t we all annoying? If I’m tired and hungry (which I expect I would be) I’m likely to be oversensitive. I can also be a bit passive aggressive if I’m a bit scared of someone and don’t want to stand up to them. I know this is annoying and I always get annoyed with myself when I notice I’m doing it. I’m much better at standing up for other people! Also, I would probably tidy up after people too much (although I’m not sure how tidy a jungle can get).
4. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?
The worst is associated with a memory I’d rather not recall but the second worst for me is any strong cheese. I only really like mozzarella and halloumi and even cheddar tastes strong to me. Finding unexpected feta in a salad makes me gag.
5. What item would you smuggle into the jungle with you?
My phone is a bit obvious but I would smuggle it in not to make calls (they’d notice it and take it away, surely?) but to watch videos of Mushroom. I can’t imagine there would be much of a signal for calls anyway.
6. What is the most daring thing you have ever done?
I felt pretty daring the first time I stood on a stage and shared my poetry in front of an audience. There are other daring things from my youth but I’d rather not share those here! No regrets though, only lessons learned.
7. Who would you miss most if you went into the jungle with a bunch of strangers?
Mushroom. I’d miss Mr B too but I’ve not been away from Mushroom for more than one night so I’d miss him first.
8. What celebrity alive or dead would you like to have with you in the jungle and why?
Nelson Mandela. If I had to pick just one. Otherwise I’ve a list as long as my arm.
9. What would scare you about being in the jungle?
The snakes. I am scared of snakes but have a real phobia not of the snakes themselves, but watching them eat (is there a word for that? I couldn’t find one). I really can’t watch it. In fact, I am shaking a little just thinking about it right now.
10. After leaving the jungle, you go to a luxury hotel. What would be the first thing you did on reaching your hotel?
11. Who do you think should win the Jungle Crown this year?
No idea. Didn’t even know who was in it! Ant and Dec? 😉 Pretty sure it’s a done deal now though, right?
12. Who is your least favourite celebrity in the jungle and why?
Can’t remember who it was from when I last watched it but anyone being two-faced would have got my vote.
13. Which celebrity has surprised you most and how?
Tried to think of an answer for this outside of I’m a celeb but I’m not surprised by much (when it comes to celebs) I don’t think… I’ll get back to you on that if I think of anyone later!
Now, I’d like to tag @mummygadgetgeek @BELLA_and_WILL @theboyandme @mummywithissues new blogger @kanchanchar and I would love to see what creative interpretation @storyofmum might come up with from this! Of course, only if you want to/can be bothered/have nothing better to do, which I know is unlikely at this time of year! At least you know I’m thinking of you. x